Monday, May 30, 2011

30th Birthday / Maryland Trip!

So my birthday was on Mother's day this year as it has been many other times in the past, but it wasn't just any birthday, it was the big 30! I was kind of unhappy about this mile stone in life, until I decided to embrace it. So I decided that since it was my birthday and mother's day, that I would ask Matt for 1 big present. All I wanted was to go to Maryland to visit the family I still have there and my 2 Best Friends...and he said yes! So on May 11th, 3 days after my birthday I took a plane from Denver to Washington D.C.! My Bro-in=law, Jason and Nephew, Christian met me there and off we went, of course we got lost coming home, but the signs were totally jacked up. It was a fun little adventure:) I stayed with My sister Jeri, and her family first. We had lots of fun hanging out, watching American Idol and arguing over who would win. I met my newest little niece, Nia, who is so adorable and snuggled with Chase a lot:) We went to Gettysburg, and ate at the Dobin House, YUM! Then Doug and Golden came to a BBQ with their families and I got to see my new nephew, Soren. He was munching on my face a lot. I love him! It was Doug and Daniel's birthday's too. We all had a lot of fun. I miss my family so much.
The next day my bestie, Amanda, came to pick me up for girls night at her house. My other bestie, Shannon, came and another girl named Heather was there also. We ordered Chinese and went on a quick grocery shopping spree for food:) Amanda is the fastest shopper ever, she and Matt would get along:) We stayed up way too late talking about college and high school. I forgot to mention that they both have adorable new babies, Avery, and Reed~also Brady is still new to me considering, I have only met him once before this. I love them so much:) Anyway, The next day Amanda and I just hung out playing piano and touring Mt.Airy. We did a little shopping and then it was on to the the Inner Harbor, in Baltimore. We picked up Shannon on the way and went to the Hard Rock Cafe. It was pretty fun, watching the drunk guys in the corner singing. We were a little wild ourselves, taking crazy pictures, that I hope never go public:) We ended the night at Shannon's parents house just chatting and the next day I flew home, happy to see my little family I left behind for a much needed break:) So overall it was the best Birthday/Mother's Day present ever:) And by the way, Matt and the kids still spoiled me even before I left. Matt took me to The Melting Pot and got me flowers and cards and a cute picture frame with a bunch of pictures and the saying..."Home is where your story begins." Pretty sure he will never be able to top this year:) Thanks Honey, I love you!
Sweet Natalie
Chase:)
Jeri, Nia and Christain at the Dobin House.
Reed and Avery
me, Shannon, and Amanda( it is not a very clear pic)

2 comments:

Melanie Kindle said...

Awe, so so sweet! Just the kinda break a mom needs! And no kids! Lucky!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good trip. I am doing my mommy getaway soon. Love the pics of the kiddos. <3