Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas with The Hermans

Christmas was pretty fun this year. On Christmas Eve, we went to Matt's Mom's house with his other siblings. It was quite the fight to get Bailey excited after her nap(grumpy). When she was ready she just sat on the couch and waited for Matt and I.



When we got there, we Matt's mom was still cooking dinner, so i put out my mom's famous Cheese ball that I made with some crackers and Celery. It was my first time making it and it was so yummy. My mom would have been proud:)




Then we had a great dinner and of course tons of Christmas cookies for dessert, and Banana pudding. So good!




Finally, we decided to dress the kids up to do the Nativity scene. Now when I was little and we used to go the my grandparents house for Christmas Eve, we had this same tradition. Only, there were tons of us, well Bailey only has 3 cousins here in CO, and 1 was out of town. We decided we would dress the 3 kids up anyway. Aiden(4) was Joseph, Bailey(2) was Mary, and Rowyn(1) was an angel. We wrapped up a cabbage patch in saddling clothes and had him be baby Jesus who Bailey held so proudly. Matt read out of Luke 2 and it was so fun. It was quite crazy trying to get the kids to stand still for a picture.


Christmas day started at about 8 am when Bailey woke up to her lovely presents, and fun stocking. We video taped it so i don't have any pictures.


After that we went to Grammy Herman's for Christmas Breakfast. This is a long standing tradition in the Herman family, that Matt's Aunt Jackie, who passed away in September, used to hold at her house every year. We will miss her. We had a lot of traditional German food, like Shtollin( And Fruit Bread) and they always have Figs too.




It was fun getting the kids dressed up and taking pictures. I can't believe another year has gone by. I am so thankful for my family here in CO. I totally miss my family in MD and UT though too. I hope everyone had a Marry Christmas and that you will have a Happy New Year too.
This is Bailey modeling her new sweater from Grandma Stephenson. Sooo Cute!

2 comments:

Englishfam said...

That pink sweater is adorable!! I need a girl...

The Long Family said...

I am so glad that you have Matt's family out there! I forget how lucky Nick and I are to have our families here to share everything with. Even though you are far away, you are never far from my thoughts! Happy New year!!