Friday, January 2, 2009

Utah Trip

Matt and I decided that we would spend Christmas with my parents in Logan, UT this year.We had to leave a day early because of the weather. We didn't want to be pulling into Logan in a blizzard. The driving was fine except that it was really windy in some parts with blowing snow. We pretty much just hung out at my parents house because the weather was bad. Luckily, everyone was able to make it for Christmas Eve, except Matthew, who's car broke down in Salt Lake. We had tons of food, and kids running around. We just talked and sang carols. It was great being with everyone. Christmas morning was great too. We got up at about 7 am, not by my choice:) But Matthew's kids were so excited. Bailey was a little slow to wake too, I don't think she is old enough yet to get really excited about Christmas and Santa:)
Santa brought my mom a cat named Rascal. This is my mom reading the note from Santa:)
The kids went nuts when they saw the cat. Max was running around saying,"Santa is real, I knew it!" It was so fun to see their joy:)
Bailey and he tinker bell stuff. She loves the flash light.
She also got a bunch of Disney Princess stuff in he stocking:) My favorite thing was a portable DVD player that was a life saver on the car trip home:)
This is so funny! My parents got each other the exact same 2 movies. On Christmas Eve, Amy sat next to me and told me that my dad had asked her to wrap his gifts for mom. So she knew they got each other the same thing, and so did all of us kids, but no body told them. It was hilarious Christmas morning watching them open the same gifts!

The trip was really fun. The only regret is that we didn't go down to Salt Lake to visit the rest of my awesome family. The weather was just horrible that week. Oh well, next time I will see everyone:)

3 comments:

wangie77 said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love the picture of your parents with the same gifts! Awesome

Englishfam said...

I was laughing so hard when I read that your parents got the same movies! That is hilarious! Who got the cat for your mom? Was she happy about it? I was sad to not see you too, but I figured it was because of the weather. I am glad that you got to be with your whole family for Christmas though, that is so fun. Love ya!

suzy's jewels and gem said...

I wish i was there to see mom and dads faces opening up the same gift. Ha ha.... sooo funny! good luck with getting fit! you can do it. I am doing the slim and six videos. It worked for me once. have a great week:)
loves~~ Suz