Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First Sonogram

Hey everyone. I had my first sonogram yesterday!! It was really exciting to see the baby for the first time. And yes, there is only one in there. The doctor said that everything looked great and that the baby's heart rate was normal. They did change my due date though, from Sept. 16th to Sept. 22nd. I pretty much already knew they were going to change it, cause I knew I wasn't as far along as they thought I was. I am so excited for this new little person to come into our lives. I hope Bailey will be ok:):) She has a hard time sharing.

Here is our first picture. I know it looks like a blurry blob, but I promise that is the baby:):)

Fetal Development
Your baby is tiny but growing fast! He or she is the size of a small bean - about half an inch long - this week and if you could see inside yourself, you'd find your baby has an oversized head in proportion to its body. His or her facial features are still forming, its eyes are just black spots, there are little openings where the nostrils will be, and pits to mark the ears. Protruding buds that will become arms and legs are more noticeable now, and the hands and feet look like tiny paddles. You can't hear it yet, but its little heart is beating about 150 beats per minute (or roughly twice the rate of yours.)

3 comments:

Ginabear said...

hehe, a bean! Sooo cute! I am so excited for you! Will you name the baby after me...wean bean? hehahaha

Amy Rasmussen said...

April that is soo cute!! I am glad everything is going well! It was good talking to you yesterday! Call anytime!

Marsha said...

Oh, it's so cute!! hehe I know he/she will be cute since you have already proven yourself at making cute babies, Apey!! I'm so excited for you. Stay healthy!! Love you,

Auntie M