Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cody was Hit by a Car


For those of you who know my family, I have a 15 year old nephew, name Cody Allridge. He was crossing the street in front of a school bus that was slowing. Unfortunately, the bus hadn't turned it's flashers on yet and an SUV came around the opposite side and hit Cody. He was thrown out in front of the car. The driver was a teacher and immediately got out and got a blanket and put it over him until the ambulance arrived. He was life flighted to the hospital. He has a broken Femur bone(the bone between your hip and your knee). It is the strongest bone in your body and the hardest to break, which makes it the most painful to break. They are in surgery right now and will check on his knee while they are in there too. Please keep him in your prayers. We hope for the best in his recovery.

7 comments:

The Long Family said...

I can't believe that! I will definetly say a little prayer for him!!

Marsha said...

OH my gosh! Your mom emailed me about this and I'm so sad for him. I'm thankful he wasn't hurt worse, though. I will definitely include him in my prayers.

Mel said...

That is absolutely insane. You think that happens to "other people" Anyways hopefully he makes a full recovery!

Ginabear said...

Thanks guys. We are home now. Cody is up and walking on crutches which still amazes me. He's a tough kid! He doesnt want any "special" treatment though. Wont let me help him do stuff. Dang teenagers!;) He's got a long road but seems to be handling things well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Amy Baron said...

It’s been years since the accident; I hope that Cody is doing well now. Reading the post, I can also feel the pain he experienced. And I know that it is more than a broken bone. He will have to deal with the trauma for the rest of his life. But with the support of her friends and loved ones, I know that he can make it through.

Raleigh Crowl said...

I can only imagine how painful that injury was! Good thing it was not a hit and run. Anyway, I hope that after all these years, Cody has already recovered from the physical and emotional pain.

Cristy Witherspoon said...

What happened to Cody was awful, but it’s a good thing that the driver held himself responsible for the situation. Well, he’s a teacher, so I think he doesn’t have the moral fiber to run away and leave a student in that situation. This must serve as a warning and a lesson to everyone. Remember that you’re always accountable for your actions.