Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Poem For Bradley

This poem was written by Joanna Sakievich. She is in the Mt.Airy Ward and she sent this to me in a card. I thought it was beautiful. It is written from the babies point of view.

Unborn Musings

While growing inside you, I wondered so much
how would it be to smell, feel, and see
all the wonder of touch?

Everyone told me, it's not like we imagined,
the things that we spoke of, like pain, fear, and passion.
Undaunted I waited for my turn to come
I'd be the best of the best, help guide everyone home.

I sensed that your love for me equaled my own;
the hunger to be with you, was not felt alone.

But, then Heavenly father, who always knows best,
called me back to Him- Ive finished my test.

How can I describe what it's like here to cry?
Without having lived, how could I die?
Happy and safe-yet aching to feel your kiss on my face.

But God and I love you, we always will.
Happy, sad; good or bad, that love, unwavering, lingers still.

I will never grow old nor doubt truth that I'm told.
Time cannot tempt me to doubt, question, or hate you,
rather, with gratitude, I'll pray for you.
And the only pain I'll ever know, lies in sharing yours below.
Whenever you suffer, mourn, and cry, so will I.

So what ever happens, please don't be too sad.
Dearest Mommy and beloved Dad,
Someday with joy celestial we'll meet,
to hug and kiss with souls complete.

April 2008, by Joanna Sakievich

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow people are so talented!!! That was beautiful! Think of you often! Love you

Unknown said...

I am bawling now. That is wonderful. I think of you and Bradley every day.

Richard and McKenna said...

This is McKenna Wadsworth (Amanda Long's cousin) and I just wanted to thank you so much for putting this poem on here!! That is beautiful. Also, thank you for the words of encouragement :) I hope you don't mind, I might put this poem on my blog.