Sunday, November 23, 2008

40th Wedding Anniversary


My Parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary today. In a world where it seems like marriage means very little, it is so refreshing to see 2 people so dedicated to each other still. I love my parents very much and am so grateful for their example in all things, especially marriage. They have had more tough years than I know, but they stick together and live the gospel, and that's how they stay so close. I admire how respectful they are of one another, and their playfulness too. You can tell that they are still so in love. Love is easy, Life is what makes marriage hard. And so, I want to thank my parents for not letting the little or big things in Life ruin their Love, for each other, or for their children. They are the most unselfish, kind, inspiring, loving, and faithful parents. I love them with all my heart. Congratulations Mom & Dad!

4 comments:

Mel said...

40 Years! WOW! THat is awesome. Your parents really are great together!

The Long Family said...

That is so awesome! I love your parents too!!

Marsha said...

Happy Anniversary to your mom & dad.. Wow, I can't believe 40 years.. but we've been married 32 so I don't know why I'm surprised. ha! You're right--they're an awesome couple.. a great example for all of us.

Benilynn said...

Oh April that is a wonderful tribute! I love your parents and think they are a wonderful couple to look up to.My parents just celebrated their 35! Its hard for me to imagine 35 years with Ben, but exciting! I like what you said about love not being hard but life is! If only we could live our whole married lives like we did on our honeymoon, where there was no distractions and no real world problems.