Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trip to Maryland!

So I went to MD on from the 5th to the 12th. I am just now getting the chance to write about it. I got in on Wednesday afternoon. Let me just say that Bailey was terrible. I mean I wanted to die. She threw one fit after another. I was ready to get out of the airport. Shannon was supposed to pick me up but wasn't there. I thought well, maybe she wanted to pick me up outside, so I lifted my 45 pound bag, Car seat, purse, & held onto Bailey while we went outside and across the street. We waited...no one. So we went back inside, and hung out for a while. I hate not having a cell phone! So asked the customer service desk if I could use their phone to call Shannon. I was so glad she picked up, she had gotten lost in Baltimore and was finally almost at the airport. We waited for like an hour there. So she get there and we had a pretty good time with her and her husband, Erik. We went to Olive Garden, and did some shopping the next day. It was so good to see her. Next I went to my sister, Jeri's and hung out. My brother, Golden came over with his wife, Carly and son Porter, so cute! I wish I could've hung out with him more but he had business trips scheduled the whole time I was there. The next day I went to stay with Amanda. We had such a good time getting ready for her Baby Shower. She got a lot of great stuff. It was nice to hang out with her and her husband, Nick, who Bailey really liked:) They also had 2 dogs and 2 cats that Bailey loved a lot. I spent the weekend with them and then ended up back at Jeri's for the last 3 days of the trip. I am so glad that Bailey and Natalie, my niece got a long so well. they of course had their moments of jealousy, but overall did great. We had a b-day party for Chase, and he loved all the attention! It was good being with Jeri, I miss her a lot.I was also nice and getting to know Carly a lot better while I was there. She is so great! She took me to the airport on Wednesday and Porter cried the almost the whole way there, she was a trooper though, even though i could tell it was making her so sad. Bailey and I sat in the airport for 3 hours because our flight was delayed. Bailey was, fortunately, really great on the flight home. We got to our house around midnight and went right to sleep. It was a good trip:)
Shannon & Erik
Me and Amanda at the Baby Shower
Bailey & Amanda
Me and Porter, so cute!
Me, Golden, Jeri, Porter, Chase, and silly Josh:)

4 comments:

Amber Marie Smith-Pikey said...

what an adventure! you guys look great! i miss you so much!

The Long Family said...

Best trip ever - I really miss not having you around! Let's rethink our plan to buy my parent's house and build another house in the backyard so we could live there together!!

Marsha said...

I'm glad you got to go, April! You guys look SO cute.. it's fun to see all the pictures.

wangie77 said...

Fun! It's always great to spend time with family and friends!